The Library staff offers all institutional users a reference service, assistance in accessing and using electronic resources, as well as various activities supporting research and scientific publishing including:
- Bibliographic search and access to scientific literature: search support for Web of Science, Scopus, and other databases, setting up personalised research strategies, activating alert services and RSS feeds to update publications periodically on the Institute's webpages.
- Managing author profiles: advice on creating and managing author profiles for researchers (Orcid, ResearcherID, Scopus and Google Scholar) and assistance to automatically integrate publications on different profiles.
- Scientific publishing: support in gathering bibliographic and bibliometric information in order to direct and orient the researcher in his choices of publication, advice on usage rights and legal restrictions enforced on authors.
- Research assessment: support for researchers to correctly identify their own scientific publications within bibliographic databases such as Web of Science and Scopus, to manage and send correction requests, to manage researcher citation reports, to identify potential mistakes in the number of attributed citations (and correction of these); support for the institutes to correctly identify and manage the comprehensive publication dataset.
- Open Access: advice on Open Access publishing strategies (green road or gold road), advice on legal rights and restrictions related to archiving the researcher's work in an institutional or thematic repository (green road), assistance in retrieving bibliographic, bibliometric and economic information in order to identify and select the most suitable peer-reviewed open access journals for publication.
- Training: seminars on how to use resources, on the available tools to manage information and author profiles, on citation research and basic bibliometric indicators. If requested by an Institute, training seminars can be held on its premises. It is possible to consult a full list of available seminars under the section Training for Researchers.